Re: Cannot install statistics pkg from the command line

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Cannot install statistics pkg from the command line
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 16:37:20 -0500

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 4:15 PM Nick Gayeski <address@hidden> wrote:
I have just downloaded and install GNU Octave on my Windows 7 desktop computer. I then tried to install the statistics package using the command on the next line below, and received the error message on the following lines:

 pkg install -forge package_statistics
error: get_forge_pkg: package not found: "package_statistics".  Maybe you meant "instrument-control?"
error: called from
    get_forge_pkg at line 84 column 5
    get_forge_download at line 26 column 14
    pkg at line 407 column 31

I also downloaded the statistics package 1.4.1 tar, unzipped with WinZip and installed in the the same directory in which  Octave is installed. But any command to a statistics script returns the error message that the stats pkg is not installed.

What do I need to do to install this package?

Nick

What does
pkg list
tell you about the installed packages?