Re: pkg symbolic

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: pkg symbolic
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 17:02:38 -0500

(please always Reply All so the messages go to the list. This isn't something I can help with.  I've cc'd them and the package maintainer.)

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 3:03 PM guidetti Porto <address@hidden> wrote:

did not work

> pkg install symbolic-win-py-bundle-2.8.0.tar.gz
warning: creating installation directory C:\Octave\OCTAVE~1.0\mingw64\share\octave\packages
warning: called from
    install at line 30 column 5
    pkg at line 441 column 9
error: mkdir: invalid PARENT
error: called from
    mkdir>mkdir_recur at line 76 column 5
    mkdir>mkdir_recur at line 81 column 26
    mkdir at line 66 column 24
    install at line 31 column 19
    pkg at line 441 column 9
Em segunda-feira, 25 de novembro de 2019 14:26:13 BRT, Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> escreveu:

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 11:22 AM guidetti Porto via Help list for GNU Octave <address@hidden> wrote:

> I can not install Symbilic pkg on windows 10. Could anyone help me?

symbolic requires Python be installed.  if you don't have Python, the package creator made a separate symbolic package for Windows users that has a 'self contained' python.  You can find the package here:

https://github.com/cbm755/octsympy/releases

scroll down to the"symbolic-win-py-bundle-2.8.0.tar.gz" file.  save that file to your octave working directory, and install using:

>> pkg install symbolic-win-py-bundle-2.8.0.tar.gz

afterward you should be able to use the package with