[was Promotion of octave ...] Octave material for presentations

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: [was Promotion of octave ...] Octave material for presentations
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 22:45:38 +0100

> Juan, thank you for sharing your presentations.  I watched/listened and
> enjoyed ;-)  Coincidence, that last Friday I also gave a little talk
> about Octave and basics of Octave development [1].  There was interest
> by some researchers in that topic.
>
> Are you okay if I add your material [2] to a freshly created wiki page
> [3]?   If anyone else can contribute "Public talks about the GNU Octave
> project, internals and advanced usage", as well, please feel free to
> extend the list.
>
> During the preparation for the talk, I noticed, that we rarely have
> publicly available material for preparing such things.  Thus I spent
> some time creating "nice" slides, figures and screenshots [1].
>
> In my thinking, [3] is not meant for pure applications of Octave in
> packages, papers and alike.  For these [4] might be better suited.
> Maybe the manuals and teaching books should also go from [4] to [3].
>
> Best,
> Kai
>
> [1] https://github.com/octave-de/octave_slides
> [2] https://gitlab.com/kakila/octave-teaching
> [3] https://wiki.octave.org/Education
> [4] https://wiki.octave.org/Publications_using_Octave

Hi Kai,

Feel free to add what you consider useful. The slides you link is the
material I use every year at the CERN course, hence it is dynamic.

The slides for the presentation at HSR are here [1], inparticualr look
at [2], all the material should be available on the root folders img/
and includes/

Thanks for doing this.

BTW, I remember you were working on a nb extension for publish, how is
it going? Also, would you be able to weigh how much work would be to
create a sphynx extension for Octave?

[1] https://gitlab.com/kakila/talks
[2] https://gitlab.com/kakila/talks/tree/master/2018_GNUOctave_HSR