Re: Custom jacobian (dfdp) in nonlin_curvefit - calling parameters?

From: Pavel Hofman
Subject: Re: Custom jacobian (dfdp) in nonlin_curvefit - calling parameters?
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 15:55:41 +0100

Hi Olaf,

f = @(p, x) ... where x is one row of indeps, and f returns two rows, each
row for one equation (each equation uses all p elements). This code works
OK.

If I wanted to use explicit jacobian to improve precision and calculation
stability, please how should I handle the two equations in f and dfdp?

Sorry, please forget what I said about the reshaping of 'x', I was
confused... I probably shouldn't try to answer help requests while I'm
working on something different. And I probably don't understand what
you mean with 'the 2D case'.

The Jacobian should just compute one row of partial derivatives for
each element of the result of 'f'.

Thanks but my f returns a 2D matrix (a row for each equation, a column for each element of the indeps vector x). Should the dfdp return a 3D matrix?

Thanks a lot.

Pavel.