Re: Issues with vpasolve

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Issues with vpasolve
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 19:24:57 -0800

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 15:43:36 -0600, jomoto10 wrote:
> Just to clarify, I'm looking for all real solutions to the equation provided.
> Providing an initial guess will (sometimes) give me one of the solutions,
> but it would be ideal to have all of them.

Right, I see that Matlab's vpasolve says that it returns all solutions
to a polynomial equation or system of equations. The vpasolve for Octave
doesn't do that yet. The best you can do at the moment is to supply it
with different initial guesses to get different results.

I went ahead and filed an issue for this missing feature, and you are
more than welcome to help if you are interested and able:

  https://github.com/cbm755/octsympy/issues/996

Cheers,

--
mike