Re: saving the plot

From: Brett Green
Subject: Re: saving the plot
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 11:46:23 -0500

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 12:50 AM Raag Saluja <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi!
When I view my subplots, I need to extend the screen in order to view the whole thing or the x axis labels get overlapped and you can't read anything. However, when I save my plot as an image, the screen size returns to the original size and all the labels are overlapped. How can I save the image such that the screen size doesn't return to the original dimensions? These are the commands I used:

hold on

h=figure(1)

saveas (h, 'myplot.png')

Thank you and regards,

Raag Saluja,

Research scholar

Department of Zoology,

Faculty of Science

Dayalbagh Educational Institute

India

I've noticed inconsistency between GUI-displayed and saved text sizes as well, but unfortunately I do not know the solution. That said, the rest of us can't really help unless you send us an example to work with. Please send the code you used to generate the plot.

My guess is that calling the figure command with the position property will solve the problem. From the documentation:
position: four-element vector, def. [300 200 560 420]

Specify the position and size of the figure canvas. The four elements of the vector are the coordinates of the lower left corner and width and height of the figure. See units property.

For example, I begin figures I want to save with:

figure(1,"position",[350,100,1597,987])

The last two are the width and height, respectively. Try doing this first instead of manually resizing.