Re: JRE not found, windows

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: JRE not found, windows
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 09:53:26 -0500

Interesting.  So DependencyWalker did find a bunch of stuff, much
windows core as you said (kernel32, user32, advapi32, wsock32, winmm,
version, psapi (all 64bit under /windows/system23)). At the end it
does show it can't find msvcr100.dll.  Looking in the Control Panel
"add/remove programs" list, it shows "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86
Redistributable - 10.0.40219" (with an install date from before i
installed this win10 image, so I assume it came along with windows or
some other program)

Assuming something might need the x86 version, I downloaded both the
x86 and x64 versions from MS. uninstalled the x86, and then
reinstalled the x86 and the x64.

x86
https://www.microsoft.com/en-pk/download/details.aspx?id=8328

x64
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523

Opening Octave, version -java now gives:

>> version -java
ans = Java 1.8.0_231-b11 with Oracle Corporation Java HotSpot(TM)
64-Bit Server VM mixed mode

in both zip and exe installations

THANK YOU