RE: pade function in Octave?

From: vivek guajri
Subject: RE: pade function in Octave?
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 14:36:04 -0600 (CST)

Hi Allen, thank you for your response!
Yes, the fit function needs to be a polynomial. The reason is, we have some
limited raw data and this raw data is used to produce a matrix which is used
in our custom software. Due to less data, the matrix produced is biased.
I am thinking to artificially produce more raw data by producing a
polynomial that fits the limited raw data. If you look into my code, the
first step I do, is to censor the raw data in ascending order and data less
than 10. The first plot produced is the ascending order raw data and you can
see its derivative at every point is greater than 0. Now, I want to produce
a fit function using this plot and it has to be non-decreasing! This is the
whole reason why I need the function to be non-decreasing! The function
needs to be non-decreasing for all x! Why do you think polynomial is a bad
fit?