Re: imread fails with unknown datatype for Region option error

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: imread fails with unknown datatype for Region option error
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 08:23:29 +0900

On 11/1/19 1:21 AM, Spilskinanke wrote:
> I found the solution to this error! If you open GNU Octave with the
> --traditional argument, this error occurs. I removed the --traditional and
> opened Octave normally, and my images now load!
>
> I hope this is a problem that gets fixed in the near future. Very annoying
> to have the --traditional argument actually cause problems when importing
> matlab code, as my imread worked perfectly fine in matlab and
> non-traditional Octave.
>
> Now if only the publish function didn't cause a core dump...

This bumped thread suffers a lot from missing information.  Please post
a small but meaningful portion of your code, leading to any errors.
This includes any pictures (or similar small ones) you try to load and a
verbose explanation of your Octave (method of installation,
Distribution, snap, flatpak, ...) and used+loaded Octave Forge package
versions (see "ver") and which operating system you are using.  And as
you mention "--traditional", please explain in detail all your
modifications to the standard settings, as well.

Best,
Kai