Re: How to append new variables to existing netcdf?

From: zs1992
Subject: Re: How to append new variables to existing netcdf?
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 03:29:51 -0500 (CDT)

Nir Krakauer-3 wrote
> Have you tried nccreate() followed by ncwrite()? The example here
> might be useful:
> http://modb.oce.ulg.ac.be/mediawiki/index.php/Write_a_slice_at_a_time_in_a_NetCDF_file

Hi Nir,
I didn't use nccreate mainly because I don't know where and how to define
global attributes, dimensions and variable attributes in that way. In my
task, some global attributes should be updated when new variables are found.
Dimension is time, with three items(Name, Length, Unlimited), but in this
command, according to the example, dimension only has two items(Name,
Length). Therefore I'm unsure of which command to use after nccreate.