Re: Octave flatpak not lauching - Linux Mint 19.2

From: Eduardo Mapurunga
Subject: Re: Octave flatpak not lauching - Linux Mint 19.2
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 00:29:00 -0500 (CDT)

Additionally, when I tried to run the app directly from the shortcut menu. A
small dialog entitled : "Octave critical error " appeared. The following is
the text from this dialog:

"
The settings file
/home/edumapurunga/.config/octave/qt-settings
does not exist and can not be created.
Make sure you have read and write permissions to
/home/edumapurunga/.config/octave

Octave GUI must be closed now
"

As a result, I tried to give read and write permissions for the
./config/octave directory through:

$sudo flatpak override org.octave.Octave
--filesystem=/home/edumapurunga/.config/octave:rw

Then verified the permissions using:

$flatpak info --show-permissions org.octave.Octave/x86_64/stable
[Context]
shared=network;ipc;
sockets=x11;wayland;pulseaudio;
devices=dri;
filesystems=xdg-config/kdeglobals:ro;xdg-run/dconf;host;/home/edumapurunga/.config/octave;/home/edumapurunga/octave;~/.config/dconf:ro;

[Session Bus Policy]
com.canonical.AppMenu.Registrar=talk
org.freedesktop.Flatpak=talk

[Environment]
PATH=/app/bin:/usr/bin:/app/jre/bin
CPPFLAGS=-I/app/include
LDFLAGS=-L/app/lib

The same problem continues and the dialog is still showing up every time I
try to run octave.