Re: categorical bar graph

From: Brett Green
Subject: Re: categorical bar graph
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 12:25:46 -0400

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 1:15 AM Raag Saluja <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi! I have to make a bar graph and I want to change the x values to names. I tried the Matlab tutorial as I couldn't find that in octave:

x = categorical ({'small', 'medium', 'large', 'extra large')};
x= reordercats (x, {'small', 'medium', 'large', 'extralarge');
y = [5 20 77 19]
bar(x,y)

However, I got an error message. PFA the screenshot. Can you please help?

Thank you and regards,

Raag Saluja
Research Scholar
Department of Zoology
Faculty of Science
Dayalbagh Educational Institute
Dayalbagh
Agra
INDIA

Is this what you wanted? I'm not familiar with categorical in MATLAB.

y = [5 20 77 19];
bar(y);
set(gca,"xticklabel",{'small', 'medium', 'large', 'extra large'});

The various properties each object have account for most of Octave's flexibility. Sometimes, however, it can be hard to know where to look. In this case, I modified the axes directly - I did not set labels through the bar function. Here are the axes properties I just used.