Re: Help-octave Digest, Vol 163, Issue 40

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Help-octave Digest, Vol 163, Issue 40
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 10:10:59 -0400

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 5:05 AM Farzad Torabi <address@hidden> wrote:
I am receiving this email in continuation, and don't know what to do with my topics ! while I can't change the topic in email list, why is it asking me to remove the Re: !?? I can't do that !!!!

it appears  you're set up to receive a daily digest of the mailing list messages.   Possibly this is in addition to immediate copies of messages people reply to you on?  you can manage your mailing list settings at the page linked at the end of the email:  https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-octave

the last field at the bottom lets you enter your email and change subscription options.  I don't like the digest as it is hard to reply to individual emails and maintain coherent threads, since threads are grouped by subject line.  I have it email me all messages individually, and set gmail to filter them out of my inbox and into a separate folder (tag) for scanning later.