Re: help - Open File dialogue box - slow

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: help - Open File dialogue box - slow
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 09:35:48 -0400

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 11:55 PM Joe Tusek <address@hidden> wrote:

> When using uigetfile dialogue box, I get very slow performance in comparison
> to windows Explorer. I am using the command

I don't know the cause, but I have seen similar slowdown from the file
manager window in the Octave GUI.  If I cd to a folder with a lot of
files, I often have to wait "many" seconds (not enormous, but more
than I'd expect in an windows file browser) with Octave hung while
waiting for it to display.

don't know if that's related, but depending on what's running under
the hood thought it worth mentioning.