OptimOptions not implemented in Octave Error

From: Farzad Torabi
Subject: OptimOptions not implemented in Octave Error
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 13:35:47 +0200

What programming language do I need to know to contribute?

Il mer 23 ott 2019, 13:04 "Markus Mützel" <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Am 23. Oktober 2019 um 10:24 Uhr schrieb "Farzad Torabi":
> Hi All

> I am in the process of immigrating my code from matlab to Octave.

> I get this error despite having installed and loaded the package optim.

> Error: 'optimoptions' undefined near line 157 column 19

> I used optimoptions in my code with many settings like MaxIter, iter.funevals ,etc

> but it seems that it does not work in OCTAVE.--

The function "optimoptions" is part of the optimization package. But according to [1] it is not implemented yet in Octave.
Maybe you can work around this by using the core function "optimset".
Or maybe you can help improve the optimization package by contributing a compatible implementation.

Markus

[1]: https://wiki.octave.org/Optimization_package