help uigetfile

From: Joe Tusek
Subject: help uigetfile
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 01:35:38 +0000

Hi,

I am having some difficulty in easily identifying the number of files returned by uigetfile when I span multiple. I was using numfiles = [size(fname)](2); to give me the number of files but this fails as the dimensionality of the fname retuned by  uigetfile call changes depending on if one or multiple files is selected.

When I select one file, the returned fname has dimension of 1 x num_filename_chars. When I select multiple files, fname has dimension of  1 x numfiles. Is this the correct behaviour?

It seems to me that the dimension should not change its orientation between returning one file or multiple file names when using  uigetfile GUI.

Also, fltidx in the function reference for uigetfile is undocumented.

Regards,
Joe

Joe Tusek (BE MBA)
Technical Director
23 Warabrook Boulevard, Warabrook, NSW 2304
P +61 2 4961 9000  M +61 418 669 250