Opening saved isosurface() figures with hgload()

From: Cola
Subject: Opening saved isosurface() figures with hgload()
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 07:28:49 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all,

I'm using Octave to generate an isosurface() plot based on a large data
file.
I need to be able to pull up the resulting interactive figure whenever I
need; a still image won't do.
However, reading the data file takes upwards of a minute, so instead of
doing that each time I want to see the figure, I thought I might save the
figure with hgsave() and then open it whenever with hgload().
Saving the figure seems to work fine, but when I try to open it I get the
following error:

error: struct2hdl: light objects are not implemented yet

Does this mean it can't be done? Does anyone know of any alternatives?