Re: exception while installing econometrics pkg

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: exception while installing econometrics pkg
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 13:09:37 -0400

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 12:56 PM vivek guajri <address@hidden> wrote:

> When I write -
> load econometrics - I get the exception file not found.

if the package was already installed you would type

pkg load econometrics

the package does not come pre-loaded with the Windows installation,
so, yes, it must be installed first.  Trying the same thing, I got the
same warning/error messages you did. Checking with

pkg list

I see that the package is listed as being installed.  the load command
above does work, and the package seems to be available on my system.
I am able to run one of the example functions (gmm_example) without
error.

please do a 'pkg list', and then if you see econometrics, try 'pkg
load econometrics'

let us know if you still have issues. I'll create a bug report about
the installation messages.

nickj