Re: Alternate way to rotate text on plot

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: Alternate way to rotate text on plot
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 03:49:46 -0500 (CDT)

Jdyer0618 wrote
> ... is a real bummer since the
> lines plot a lot cleaner for gnuplot. All of this brings me to the
> following
> question:
>
> 1) Do any of you know of an alternate graphics toolkit that will allow
> both
> rotation of text and a text background to be utilized in a plot? Ideally
> it
> would run at or near the same speed as the default toolkit.
>
> --
> Sent from:
> https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html

Hi,

No, there are only 3 toolkits: "fltk" (progressively abandoned) and "qt" are
based on the same OpenGL renderer and don't currently support rotated text
onscreen (should work well in printout though), while "gnuplot" is an
external program with which Octave interacts painfully through pipes.

Pantxo