Re: making a video (animated plot)

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: making a video (animated plot)
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2019 10:57:50 +0200

Am 04.10.19 um 18:15 schrieb Pantxo:
> Thanks. In the mean time I will open a bug report to track the first obvious
> issues in this preliminary implementation of VideoWriter so that the
> discussion can take place there until the code is released.

Have you seen my email from 4.10.2019 18.25 (GMT+2)?

We can make a roadmap what features should be implemented to make a
first release. Reading/Writing RGB24 frames into various containers with
different codecs would be IMHO the most important parts.

I think a very important part would be testing on different distros with
ffmpeg and libav. The API changes and different makros are a real pain
in the ass. I'm thinking of a docker directory with tests for various
combinations ffmpeg, libav, distros and perhaps also GNU Octave 4.4.1

-- Andy