Re: Opening Octave

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Opening Octave
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 06:08:38 -0400

Hello,

I am having problems being able to open the octave gui on Windows 10. I am not the best with computers and file exploring type stuff so I may just be missing something or some steps somewhere. I had previously downloaded the program and it gave me 2 shortcuts on my desktop and those worked for a while but they eventually quit working or I would have to wait very long amounts of time or try opening it multiple times before it would work. I decided to uninstall and reinstall and see if that helped. I’ve installed and uninstalled 3 times in total with success for short periods of time but it always quits working. This time there are no desktop shortcuts for me and I have clicked all the programs in the .zip file after unzipping with no success.

If you're using the zip package, please see the instructions at the following link for get working shortcuts:

https://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Microsoft_Windows

Alternatively, you can download the .exe installers instead of the zip file. That would create the shortcuts for you. Recommend making sure you're using the latest version (5.1.0)

Not sure what's causing your other problems.