Re: How can I get an angstrom symbol in Octave?

From: Brett Green
Subject: Re: How can I get an angstrom symbol in Octave?
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 15:48:01 -0400

Thank you!

- Brett Green

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 1:36 PM Przemek Klosowski via Help list for GNU Octave <address@hidden> wrote:
On 9/21/19 10:06 PM, Brett Green wrote:
> Now I'm wondering why using single vs. double quotes makes a
> difference... what's important, though, is that it works.

The single quotes are 'absolute' whereas double quotes allow
interpolation of special characters like $ and backquote sequences, so
\deg is seen as [\d e g] which is [d e g] because \d is not one of the
anointed escapes.

So, you could use double quotes but you'd have to write it as "\\deg":
the backslash escapes the second backslash so the backend receives the
four-character string \deg.