Re: AW: gramm Package installation for Octave

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: AW: gramm Package installation for Octave
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 16:11:34 +0200

Am 19. September 2019 um 16:04 Uhr schrieb "Elias Alvarez Jaramillo":
Markus,

I ment, that the function gramm which is packed in the original package for
matlab was modified and left empty. Sorry for not making myself clear there.

I just tested it again removing the gramm.m „dummy“ file from the Folder and
renaming the gramm_octave. to gramm.m. And it works as you described it,
however I get the same error as yours:

error: set: unknown text property  fontSize
error: __go_text__: unable to create graphics handle
error: called from
    text at line 170 column 10
    draw at line 38 column 13
    examples at line 162 column 1

This is still awesome beacause the package at least runs. With some tweeking
maybe it can be fully functional in the future.

Thank you very much for the constant support, this is an awesome active
community.

You're welcome!

I just saw that Dmitri already solved that issue in his message:

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 7:11 AM EAlvarez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I hope somebody out there can help Thanks!

What version of octave you are using? I suspect it is old. Try to get
at least 5.1.
I just tried under dev (6.0) and it just works except in the line 23
of @gramm/draw.m
have to change ' fontSize', to 'fontSize' (removed the blank). I guess
Matlab strips blanks
from property names and octave does not.

Dmitri.