Re: xlsread issue

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: xlsread issue
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 08:51:27 -0500 (CDT)

Roberto Ceccato wrote
> Since last io pkg update, every time I run a script with xlsread function
> in it, my editor tab and file closes. Does anyone had same issue? How do I
> fix it or what could be the causes?

Are you sure it is related to upgrading the io package?

I think this bug what you describe is  bug #56762
<https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=56762>  , a
duplicate of  bug #55823 <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?55823>  , that has
been fixed in core Octave a while ago.
xlsread and the io package have merely been affected by this bug in Octave
itself. AFAIK this bug probably also shows up in earlier io package
releases.

You'll have to wait until a new Octave release (either 5.2.0 or 6.1.0) for
the fix.

Philip