Statistics question

From: mrodrig
Subject: Statistics question
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 20:27:17 -0500 (CDT)

output.txt <https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t372706/output.txt>

Hello everyone,

I have the following data (attachment) and I want to evaluate if they are
distributed according to Poisson statistics. To do this, I performed the
following script

A=load("output.txt");

[frec,xx]=hist(A);

N=sum(frec);
frec_rel=frec/N;

mu_pond=sum(xx.*frec_rel)

x=[0:1:300];

p=poisspdf(x,mu_pond);

bar(xx,frec_rel)
hold on
plot(x,p, "LineWidth",5)

The result that I get from the density function is very different from that
obtained from the relative frequency. Could someone explain to me why such a
difference?

As I understand it, from the weighted average and using the poisspdf
function I should get something similar to the relative frequency

regards