Re: Controlling Axes, etc. for Simple 2D Plots

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Controlling Axes, etc. for Simple 2D Plots
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 12:18:44 -0500

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 12:01 PM Brad Davis <address@hidden> wrote:

> Markus and the group,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I attached a modified version of the program that
> should work on your machines. The x and y values are fake.
>
> My goal is to print the figure to pdf, so the resulting pdf is attached. In
> the x-axis label, the bottom parts of the q, y, (, and ) are chopped off.
> What would fix this?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Brad Davis, Ph.D., S.E.
> address@hidden

What is your octave version?
I do not see this problem with a current dev version. perhaps you hit
the bug that
has been fixed in a later version of octave.

Also in you script you need to call axes()  after figure(); otherwise
it would make
no effect on your plot.

Attached is what I get on my computer (with that axes() fix) and
TextSize set to 20)

Regards,
Dmitri.