Re: Problem with the commands

From: Brett Green
Subject: Re: Problem with the commands
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 09:23:13 -0400

You're welcome!

- Brett Green

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019, 9:21 AM Cheung <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks very much, Brett.

On Mon, 9 Sep 2019 at 19:41, Brett Green <address@hidden> wrote:
Try replacing the period with a comma.

Sorry, I should have sent the first message to the mailing list as well

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019, 8:40 AM Brett Green <address@hidden> wrote:
Try replacing the period with a comma.

- Brett Green

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019, 8:37 AM Cheung <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I type the following commands to get the max of a and the index of that max.  My expected answer is:
val = 15
ind = 2
But after I typed the following commands, I got an error message.  Could you please let me know how to write the commands correctly?
Thank you.

Here are the commands I typed in Octave:

a =

    1.00000   15.00000    2.00000    0.50000

>> [val. ind] = max (a)
parse error:

  syntax error

>>> [val. ind] = max (a)