Re: Problems with reading csv (textscan)

From: basic_coding
Subject: Re: Problems with reading csv (textscan)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 02:29:11 -0500 (CDT)

Thanks a lot, Dmitri and Philip.

@PhilipNienhuis: With csv2cell I only managed to import the first column
(but this one properly). I couldn't find a way to extend this to the
complete csv. I guess the "\0"-stuff which Dmitri found causes problems.

@Dmitri: How can I get rid of this trailing junk in Octave? So far I
realized that with the following adaption at least the textscan works (I had
to add another %s):

[data] = textscan(fid, '%s %s %s %s %s %s %s %s %s %s %s %s %s %s %s %s %s
%s' ,'delimiter',';');

But now I can't convert the data to numbers, I assume the "\0" is still in
those strings and can't be converted. Do you know a workaround there?

Best regards,
Kevin