Re: Writing to a Google Sheet

From: acapolypse
Subject: Re: Writing to a Google Sheet
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 07:57:59 -0500 (CDT)

Hey Guys,

I was looking exactly for this!

The writing to g-sheest works perfectly on matlab. However, I couldn't get
it to run on Octave, mostly because of the java functions being used.

For one, Octave doesn't have the "import" function to import java packages
(as used in mat2sheest.m, line 87 for example). I tried to circumvent this
by trying to call to the individual functions using javaMethods(), but then
I got stuck with what I believe are some matlab-specific java functions,
such as com.mathworks.mlwidgets.html.HTMLPrefs.setProxySettings.

I never got further in java besides creating a hello world script, so I gave
up at this point. a collegue who work a bit with java didn't have any answer
either.

I think the function could be easily transcribed to a octave compatible one,
however this would require some octave-interacting-with-java knowledge. If
this happends to be someone's calling, please let me know :)