Ocatve image acquisition on windows 10

From: Nkosiphile Bhebhe
Subject: Ocatve image acquisition on windows 10
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 11:02:36 +0000

Good day,

I would like to use a CCD camera for image acquisition direct from octave. However, I cannot seem to connect to the camera as the following error below keeps coming up. I tried downloading the forge image-acquisition but it seems this will not work for windows. Do have anything that can work for windows 10 OS as I do not have access to a linux computer?

pkg install -forge image-acquisition

configure: error: unable to find the v4l2_open() function

configure: loading site script /usr/local/etc/config.site

checking for g++... g++

checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes

checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.exe

checking for suffix of executables... .exe

checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes

checking for mkoctfile... yes

checking for fltk-config... /c/Octave/OCTAVE~1.0/mingw64/bin/fltk-config

checking for v4l2_open in -lv4l2... no

pkg: error running the configure script for image-acquisition.

error: called from

    configure_make at line 82 column 9

    install at line 184 column 7

    pkg at line 441 column 9

Kind Regards

Dr. Nkosiphile Andile Bhebhe

Post Doctoral Fellow

National Metrology Institute of South Africa

Photonics Division

CSIR Campus

Building 7, Room 19 (Ground Floor)

address@hidden

060 318 5019

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it.
If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. The NMISA is neither liable for the proper, complete transmission of the information contained in this communication, any delay in its receipt, or that the mail is virus-free.