Re: Writing to .xlsm files with COM-Interface

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Writing to .xlsm files with COM-Interface
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 13:03:03 -0500 (CDT)

TimotheusNemitz wrote
> PhilipNienhuis wrote
>> FYI, I've added xlFileFormats for several common file types, but on my
>> Win7
>> box with Office 2013, Octave could only write all the .xls* types (incl.
>> .xls /BIFF8), .htm, .html, .csv (but with ";" field separators), .txt and
>> .prn.
>> Knowing Excel and its reputation a bit I think the ability to write to
>> other
>> file types largely depends on the Office version at hand.
>> When trying to write other file types I got an error and a stray (hidden
>> /
>> zombie) Excel invocation was left running;  you're warned. Somewhere I
>> need
>> to add code to catch those errors, that will happen before releasing
>> io-2.4.13.
>
> Thanks, I can confirm writing to .xlsm files works now with the
> COM-Interface on W10/O365.
> If you want me to test other file types with the COM-Interface of O365,
> just
> give me a list of file types or provide example files I should test.

Good, thank you for reporting back.

I've pushed more fixes; with COM interface .dif, .xml and .pdf now also
work, at least with Office 2010 at work. In addition I pushed a few fixes
for UNO (LibreOffice) to better support extraneous formats like .fods, .uos,
.slk and also .dbf.
If you want you can try those, goto
http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/io/file/9750a5d3162c/inst and get xlsclose.m,
xlsopen.m, odsopen.m, odsclose.m, and __COM_spsh_close__.m and
__UNO_spsh_close__.m from private/

I think an io-2.4.13 release isn't that far away now.

Philip