Re: error: glpk: support for GNU Linear Programming Kit was unavailable

From: TimotheusNemitz
Subject: Re: error: glpk: support for GNU Linear Programming Kit was unavailable or disabled when Octave was built
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019 06:20:35 -0500 (CDT)

PurpleCrumpets wrote
> I apologise for my general ignorance but I've attached a screenshot of
> the messages that are presented to me when I connect to the cluster.
> Why state that I can upgrade to a new version of Ubuntu in the
> start-up message?
> cluster_startup.PNG (32K)
> <https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4693489/0/cluster_startup.PNG>

You can only run the command and upgrade if you have root privileges on that
machine.
You can check your privileges by the command "id". If your user is in the
"sudo" group, you have root privileges. However I would not recommend to
update before speaking to the admin.
BTW: The OS on that cluster is outdated and not supported anymore.