Re: Writing to .xlsm files with COM-Interface

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Writing to .xlsm files with COM-Interface
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 15:41:35 -0500 (CDT)

TimotheusNemitz wrote
> Hello,
> I would like to write to .xlsm files with xlswrite. The COM interface is
> available.
> https://wiki.octave.org/IO_package says, that the COM interface is the
> only
> interface which might be able to write to xlsm-files, but not for every
> EXCEL version.
> I'm using Octave 5.1.0, IO Package 2.4.12 and Office 365.
> However, writing to a xlsm-file with xlswrite results in a xlsx file and
> not
> in a xlsm file.
>
> Should writing to xlsm files be possible with my Office version? Is there
> list somewhere which EXCEL versions support writing to xlsm?

There needs to be some additional code in the io package to convince Excel
to write other file formats than just .xlsx. I hit this myself when trying
to write to .xls formats.
I'm busy with tackling that issue but it'll take some time. I hope it'll be
in io-2.4.13, to be released this fall and hopefully a bit earlier.

Philip