Need support for usage of package "nnet"

From: ulf kreutzer
Subject: Need support for usage of package "nnet"
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2019 17:08:16 +0200

Hi ladies and gentlemen,

I need some help for the usage of the package "nnet".

I would like to deal with neuronal networks and I did install Octave with the neuronal package "nnet  |  0.1.13".  After that I tried a example code with the "train" command:

net = newff( [0 1; 0 1], [3 1], {"tansig","purelin"}, "trainlm", "learngdm", "mse");
[nettt] = train(net, a, b);
comment: a, b: Training data with equivalent dimensions;

I recieve the following error-message:

error: 'finite' undefined near line 38 column 13
error: called from
    tansig at line 38 column 5
    __calcperf at line 85 column 21
    __trainlm at line 107 column 19
    train at line 125 column 11

My question is now, did I set the wrong parameters or is the package buggy? In both cases I would be happy to get some help to go on with neuronal networks.

Thanks for helping and best regards

Ulf