Re: Installation Octave / UserLAnd

From: optimist
Subject: Re: Installation Octave / UserLAnd
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 06:59:02 -0500 (CDT)

*@ John Frain* Thank you again very much for your detailed answer. Maybe
there was a misunderstanding: I didn't meen that your first answer wasn't
detailed enough, I meant that the instruction on
https://github.com/CypherpunkArmory/UserLAnd/wiki/Getting-Started-in-UserLAnd
(the link you gave to me) should be more precise. I found the way to install
R only hard by trial & error. Concerning Octave, I wanted to know, if I did
something wrong. Apparently not, and you gave me the solution in your first
answer. But I learned also something from your second answer: Indeed, Octave
runs without connection to the internet [so I'm able to use Octave during
the 2 hours per day sitting in the train :-)]. I don't know, why I thought
that there must be a connection - maybe Userland tried 'till now to download
the missing package and therefore needed the server...
Anyway, all my problems are now solved, and for me, this thread can be
closed.

Thanks again