Re: Installation Octave / UserLAnd

From: optimist
Subject: Re: Installation Octave / UserLAnd
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 03:13:37 -0500 (CDT)

@John Frain Thank you very much for your answer. I did know this "Getting
startet" on github, but

1.Click an app.
2.Fill out the required information. That's it.

isn't a step by step instruction for me and many other beginners. I don't
know the tricky differences between the distributions, between SSH and VCS,
but I have to choose...
I followed your three sudo orders, and - bingo! - I'm able to use Octave.
But a start from the icon leads always to the error mentioned above, so
there must be a bug (see screenshot). I'm forced to start Octave from the
command line and can launch R from the UserlAnd screen, as you desribed. Not
comfortable, but at least it works...
So thank you again.

PS: I'm still wondering why Octave needs a connection to the internet...

<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373422/Screenshot_UserLAnd.png>