Installation Octave / UserLAnd

From: optimist
Subject: Installation Octave / UserLAnd
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 11:47:21 -0500 (CDT)

Hi

I've tried to install GNU Octave on my Galaxy S9 with Android 9, what
requires UserLAnd. I'm new on Debian, Linux, UserLAnd, etc. therefore: Is
there a step by step instruction. Because I didn't find any...

So I tried to install Octave/UserLAnd on my one. I managed for instance to
install and use the statistic software "R", but if I like to install Octave,
I get the error message "Unable to locate package octave-odepkg" during the
Installation. Any idea?

And then: Years ago, I installed Octave on a Android 5 device (with GNURoot
Octave by Corbin Champion instead of UserLAnd). Octave worked locally
WITHOUT any connection to the net. That was a huge advantage to me. But it
seems, that nowadays Octave (or UserLAnd) needs a permanent connection to
the internet. Why this?

Thanks for each hint.