RE: [External] Re: US Department of Veterans Affairs use of GNU Octave

From: Brefo, James [USA]
Subject: RE: [External] Re: US Department of Veterans Affairs use of GNU Octave
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 14:08:58 +0000

Good morning Andy,

Thank for your help with this!

Regards,

James
-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Weber <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, July 5, 2019 1:53 PM
To: Brefo, James [USA] <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden

Am 05.07.19 um 18:00 schrieb Brefo, James [USA]:
> With that being said, I was unable to find whether or not this software saves
> data/uses a database and if so, which one does it use if you know.

GNU Octave (without forge packages which can be thought as plugins or extension
packages) is able to read write various file formats which could be considered
as some kind of simple "database"

There is also a package to access PostgreSQL databases:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__octave.sourceforge.io_database_index.html&d=DwICaQ&c=f4NRRID3zFYDyClb0wZXwA&r=m08h1LB4xTRpZ--zkkI8I-DkXd8lEnKSZ0W5EF4_0B4&m=KtjqCXrbnGMr_NVKpB3ox4Y1F-YaRrTKe_nz0MADJz4&s=WWZtr1R0rvpPBrBlBjytaVXMKTVpPNA9fpmMINZ-jGM&e=

And I think I've seen some wrappers for MySQL/MariaDB as well.

-- Andy