Re: Octave-gui crashed in macOS

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: Octave-gui crashed in macOS
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 04:13:07 -0500 (CDT)

1536980672 wrote
> After I install the octave, I opened the octave guy use command
> octave —force-guy, but it had no response after I enter "help sign” in
> then command line.

You have downloaded octave from www.octave-app.org, right? This is an app
and it is not meant to be executed from the command line. Just use the
double click! If you really want to execute octave manually form the shell,
then have a look to the file "Contents/Resources/Scripts/main.scpt". It sets
several path variables because libraries are not installed in standard
locations. I am not surprised that it crashes.

Some words of advice "—force-guy" should read "—force-gui" and it was
changed some time ago to "--gui" (See "octave --help"). If you have further
issues and they are specifically about octave-app then you may want to post
them here: https://github.com/octave-app/octave-app/issues.

Sebastian