Endianness when transitioning to C#

From: Andreas Nessmann
Subject: Endianness when transitioning to C#
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 10:32:39 +0200

Hello,

I am working with Octave 5.1.0, on a little-Endian machine (as told by the computer() function).
However, when I save, say, a simple 2x3 matrix using
save 'filename' matrix
and use the MathNet-method MatlabReader to transport this file to C#, I get the error message 'Big Endian files are not supported.'
Now, it is of course possible that there is an issue with that reader as well, albeit I have used it successfully with Matlab in the past. However, just to check, is there any possibility, or does anyone have experience with an occurrence where .mat-files are saved in the 'wrong' endianness?
Note that the error persists if I use swapbytes on my matrix A beforehand, as then merely the entries in the saved file change.

Thanks a lot!