Re: Recording

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: Recording
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 15:25:21 -0500 (CDT)

Benjamin Goykadosh wrote
> To whom it may concern,
>
> I was trying to record a simulation that I was running and I am trying to
> record it so I could view it as a straight video. However, the only type
> or
> recording is a audio file. Is there any way to make a graph simulation
> into
> a video file on Octave?
> Thank you very much,
>
> Benjamin Goykadosh

Hi,

Depending on the OS you are running, you may get the Video package [1] to
work and produce avi files directly from Octave.

In case it's enough for you to be able to play the video in Octave, then you
can use "getframe" to collect a bunch of video frames and replay them using
the "movie" function. (see "demo movie").

Pantxo

[1]  https://octave.sourceforge.io/video/index.html