mkoctfile -g and code stepping

From: Roum Baba
Subject: mkoctfile -g and code stepping
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 13:56:59 -0700

Hi,

I am compiling .mex file using mkoctfile with the -g option on octave 5.1.0 on
macos mojave 10.14 and I am using lldb to debug.
Lldb does stop at breakpoints but no source code is displayed, only assembly.
Running nm -a or otool -Iv on the .mex does show symbols are present.
I used to be able to debug and step with lldb on previous version of octave.
Has anything changed in 5.1.0? I actually updated both macOs and octave so i'm
not sure which one is the "culprit".
One thing I have noticed is that the output of mkoctfile -v  seem to indicates
that .o files are saved to /tmp/var//oct-xxx.o files and then deleted after the
clagnand clang++ commands are run whereas in previous versions it seems like
.o objects were actually saved next to my .mex.

Thanks,
B-