RE: Re: pkg: error running `make' for the tisean package

From: JohnD
Subject: RE: Re: pkg: error running `make' for the tisean package
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 14:23:00 -0400

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 09:54:01 -0500 (CDT)
> From: tsaw <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: pkg: error running `make' for the tisean package
>
> Thank you for your soon answer. I didn't mention but although it was
> installed as you say, it was not able to load so I decided to reinstall it.
>
> I couldn't fix it yet, any other suggestions?
>
> thanks
>

> --
> Sent from: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-
> f1599825.html

Did it have any error displayed when trying to load it?

There is a patch to get it to build in windows, reported here [1] and is
efefctivly what is used for the package in the windows installer.

To use it, you would need to untar the package, apply the patch, tar it back up
and then install using the modified tarball. Its far easier to use the
preinstalled package if possible.

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?45815