Re: Octave's file issues

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Octave's file issues
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 21:31:00 +0200

On 6/5/19 9:05 AM, Gianluigi Cirillo wrote:

> Il giorno lun 3 giu 2019 alle ore 15:15 Kai Torben Ohlhus
> <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> ha scritto:
>
>     On 6/3/19 10:17 AM, Gianluigi Cirillo wrote:
>     > Hello,
>     > I have some problem when I try to open some Octave's file (.m)
>     archived
>     > on the server.
>     > When i work with this file (it isn't every the same files), every two
>     > minutes I have this error (img attached). The error says "the file are
>     > modify from another application, Do you want to re-loading it?
>     >
>     > This error occured only when I want to open these files from the
>     server,
>     > but when i try to open these files from the pc, the error doesn't
>     appear.
>     >
>     > Could you help me?
>     >
>     > Kinds Regards,
>     >
>     > Gianluigi Cirillo
>     >

>     You can check the setting "Reload externally changed files without
>     prompt":
>
>       > Edit > Preferences > Editor (tab) > File handling (category almost
>     at bottom) > "Reload externally changed files without prompt"
>
>     It seems that the temporary file's metadata is altered during the server
>     access, such that Octave cannot reliably determine if it was changed
>     or not.
>
>     HTH,
>     Kai
>
> I have already done this operation, but the problem persist.
> Do you know other solution?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Gianluigi Cirillo

Sorry, I don't know another solution from the limited information.  Can
you be more specific about the server location "//srvfile-oz/Temp"?

1. How is this directory mounted to your System?
2. Is/Are this and other files from that directory cached somewhere on
your local filesystem and updated every two minutes?
3. Are there other possibilities (like making a local copy of those
files for editing / other connection methods) to obtain a usable workflow?

Best,
Kai