Issues installing Octave on Windows 10

From: mikaelmv
Subject: Issues installing Octave on Windows 10
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 01:30:21 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

I am happy Octave user on my personal Mac.

I have tried to install the same on my corporate laptop and I am running
issues.

The laptop runs on Windows 10 (64) and these are the steps I am taking.

1. Checked on Java:

<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373370/image565.png>

2: I downloaded the executable for Octave:

<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373370/installer.png>

3. Upon completion (no warning messages), I am unable to open the program
from any of the launching icons (GNU and CLI). In fact I get the message:

<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373370/image-2.png>

Could you help me on how to move on?

Should an alternative be to download the zip file? How to install and run
the program from the zip file then?

Thank you very much!