Re: a problem with the pause command

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: a problem with the pause command
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 03:42:40 -0500 (CDT)

Leloup wrote
> Bonjour,
>
>        When I was writing a little script under Octave, I noticed that the
> "pause" command didn't work or no longer worked.
> Before, when I wrote on a "pause" line after a graph, I had to tap on the
> space bar to cause the program to run. No matter how much I press all the
> keys on the keyboard, nothing happens. On the other hand, if I type
> "pause(0.5)", it works.
>       Do you have any little idea what to do?
>
>  Regards,
>
> Leloup
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html

Hi,

This is a known regression that has been observed in both recent linux
distros (with glibc 2.28), this one will be fixed in the upcoming Octave
5.2.0, and in Windows where a change has been pushed but no one confirmed
that it actually fixed the regression (see
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?55943). On both systems, the
workaround is to use "kbhit ()" rather than "pause()".

Pantxo