Re: error: feval: function 'pkg.m' not found

From: ashwin damle
Subject: Re: error: feval: function 'pkg.m' not found
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 14:01:37 +0530

On Tue, 21 May 2019 at 00:30, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 20:50:54 +0200, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:
> Unfortunately, I do not have a MS Windows system to test. But for
> reference, the attached program works on Linux (openSUSE 15.0), with Octave
> 5.1.0 and the OF package control 3.2.0 installed.
>
> To me it looks like your m-File directory is not loaded by the embedded
> interpreter to the search path.  To verify this, try to compile run the
> attached program, which tries to locate the "pkg.m" function by calling

If I had to guess, the problem on Windows is that the calling
environment doesn't set the OCTAVE_HOME environment variable. Note that
that variable is required on Windows for Octave to run correctly.

--
mike

Hello Kai and Mike,

Thank you for your emails.

Mike's solution worked. I had to
1. export the OCTAVE_HOME=C:\Octave\Octave-5.1.0.0\mingw64 in the system environment variables for my user name. On Windows 10 System properties -> Environment variables -> User variables for xxx user -> New -> variable name as OCTAVE_HOME and value as C:\Octave\Octave-5.1.0.0\mingw64.

2. compile the case again with mkoctfile --link-stand-alone embedded.cc -o embedded.exe

3. embedded.exe on command prompt in the working directory. I could execute this time without any errors. And, I checked that it loaded the package and executed the instructions too.

Thank you for your help Mike.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Ashwin Damle