Execution of Windows Script Host Failed (Access is Denied)

From: Ben Wilson
Subject: Execution of Windows Script Host Failed (Access is Denied)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 19:10:35 +0000

Hello,

I have looked all over and have been unable to find the answer to this.

I last installed Octave in June or so and decided it was time for an update.  I installed the latest version, and now I get the error “Execution of Windows Script Host failed. (Access is denied)”.  I uninstalled Octave, reinstalled, restarted, reinstalled the version from last May, so on and so forth.  I have gone into the registry to try and change the permissions, but that has not resulted in a solution either.  It seems like the octave.vbs script is causing the problems.  I am the administrator for the system, so I should have access.  I have no idea what else to try.  I have even tried running the installer as an administrator.

Thank you for your help,

Ben Wilson, PhD ChE

Research Engineer, Daisy Brand