Re: Virus Total positives

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Virus Total positives
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 14:42:12 +0200

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 12:00 PM Evangelos Rozos <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Kai,

Thanks for your reply. I did some research,  I scanned the folder bin of
mingw32. The following two files give this cryptic "address@hidden":

dbus-test-tool.exe

fc-match.exe

Regarding these two files, out from 65 engines, only Comodo gives
positives. I understand that most probably these are false positives,
however some discussion needs to be done on this issue before ignoring
these indications. Otherwise, ignoring any positives without
consideration will result in the cancellation of the antivirus protection.

Regards

Evangelos Rozos

Sure, ignoring is no satisfying option, and maybe we can do better by convincing "Comodo" not to be a malware.

Are only the 32-bit versions of the Octave installer [1] and portable installer affected by the virustotal.com detection?  Some other user/packager of Octave "Chololatey" used that website and found nothing suspicious about the 64-bit version two months ago including "Comodo" [2,3,4].

Best,
Kai

[1] https://www.virustotal.com/el/file/d2e4d5821496a0c7533abb660810bb31c73cf6dc1bc19430b6b35586bc2f5ff9/analysis/1551082812/
[2] https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/610d6778032208fd9d235190ec111b69eb8b13a34f1c80274e08a9c716896676/detection