Re: Grid option on plot window figure for subplots

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: Grid option on plot window figure for subplots
Date: Sat, 4 May 2019 14:06:02 -0500 (CDT)

Andreas Weber-6 wrote
> Am 03.05.19 um 12:31 schrieb vempati Sarma:
>> When I select grid option, on window figure, displaying multiple
>> subplots, grid is appearing only  on last subplot. Is there is any way
>> to set or select specific subplot to have grid? I am using GNUoctave
>> version 5.1.0 ( binary package) on Windows 10.
>
> You can select specific plots with subplot or, if this is what you want,
> call "grid" with all axes:
>
> arrayfun (@(h) grid (h, "on"), findall ("type", "axes"))
>
> Hm, perhaps there is an better way...
>
> -- Andy

Grid and Auto-Axes push buttons only act on the current axes (as returned by
"gca ()"). If you want to change the current axes, just click inside the
desired axes prior to pushing the button (or run "axes(hdesired)"). Now
there is also a menu entry in the figure main menu that toggles all axes
grids: Tools>Toggle grid on all axes

HTH,

Pantxo